7.17.2009

Metro-Town,Music & Meaning

Hey wassup peepz,
This Cedric. well this week, Was pretty much one of the most exciting weeks of my life and one of the most fufilling. I know most of you are wondering what the title means, well I'll get to that later on. Well this week I learned some very valuable lessons that I'll probably carry on for the rest of your life. Well about the title. First, "Metro-Town" was a 4-day program that I attended this week and it taught many young people the value of choosing words and selecting the right words so that you don't offend anyone. I know from experience that people can say some pretty Harsh things, from friends, Church members, School Members, Community Members, etc. I mean it's all in the way you choose your words. I mean in my opinion we should not use words to abuse or try to embarass or try to hurt someone because it is not Cool. Sometimes people may not know they are doing it. As a matter of fact, me and my cousin Kelvin were talking about this situation and we determined that we REALLY didnt use negative words when describing or talking to someone (besides my little cuz Kris), it's usually the people in our life that we talk to that offend us more than we do them, and we forgave them because they didnt know that they were doing it, so we'd juss ignore it so no controversy would arise. Sometimes it takes people listening to actually understand what's being said. I listen more to what my friends advice are than my friends listen to me. So in my opinion it's always good to have someone you can go and get advice from, but when the other person needs advice don't juss say "okay" or or anything, just listen and learn and help (just like they help u). Any-How, Music, this week I ACTUALLY STARTED my album, with a song called "Don't Care" it's an R&B song about not caring what people say about your relationship, and that you should juss ignore the negative feedback you may obtain. So I will be releasing a snippet when I finish the song later on this week. Yeah and the meaning part of this was basically ending this blog post saying that EVERY word has meaning, it's juss how u use it.
CB

P.S. Seek first to understand, before being understood. -Ms.Deidre